Don’t get me wrong, I love all things beauty but there are some aspects I just cannot master no matter how long I spend practising. Here are 5 of the biggest beauty struggles I face daily:
1. Nails – This is a constant battle for me. Having freshly painted nails gives me real joy (not to mention it makes your hands look soooooo much prettier) but I’m way too impatient when it comes to drying – they usually end up one gigantic smudged mess. On the rare occasion they actually get painted, they seem to chip within hours and I never get around to removing the polish so it just looks really gross. I admire those girls that have perfect nails ALL THE TIME!
2. Fake Tan – Personally I hate having pale skin. To give you some perspective, without applying fake tan I actually look like I’ve been slapped in the face with liquid paper! Tanning gives me a huge confidence boost (especially when it’s first done, you gotta love that bronzed feeling) although I tend to overdo it way too often and end up looking like an Oompa Loompa (I’m not even joking), not to mention the uneven streaking and orange bedsheets.
3. Eyeliner – I can do a little flick and even a subtle cat eyeliner, but that’s as far as my eyeliner skills go. Why can’t I just wake up every day with eyeliner like Adele’s?
4. Styling My Hair – As far as my hair goes I’m a major ponytail girl, I can straighten it, throw it in a bun (although I haven’t quite perfected the messy bun yet) and occasionally I’ll do a braid. I also couldn’t curl my hair to save my life, I just end up getting a massive burn from the curler and a nearly broken wrist!!!
5. Skin Care Routine – I wash my face, cleanse, moisturise and exfoliate every second day but that’s as far as my skin care routine goes. I’m not the type of girl that has a whole stack of serums, masks and skin treatments…
Yep, obviously I’m pretty bad at a few things.
Do you have any tips/recommendations for me? What are the beauty things you struggle with?